[AMBER-Developers] plans for CVS freeze, etc.

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2010 18:23:11 -0500

Hi everyone:

Here are some tentative plans as we go forward for Amber11 release.

1. It is still my plan to temporarily freeze CVS on Feb. 15. Please try
hard to get things in by then.

2. After that, I will reorganize the tree structure, creating a new CVS
archive, probably to be called amber11b. Right now, I'm planning to
follow Bob's suggestion, but comments on this are still open.

3. I will open up the new archive (amber11b) for a short while, for both last
minute changes and for help with fixes of anything that went wrong with the
tree reorganization. Note: if you have uncommited changes, you will have to
apply them to the new archive. This should only involve some directories
being relocated, but still may involve some manual labor. Moral: commit your
changes before Feb. 15!

4. The reorganized archive will only be available for commits for a week or
so. After Feb. 25 (date is tentative), all changes will have to be submitted
by email.

5. I will post "release candidates" as tarballs, starting about Mar. 1. You
should be familiar with this from the AmberTools 1.3 release.

6. Here are some things I would very much like to see soon:

* updated NEB code from Carlos/Christina
* updated ptraj documentation from Tom
* mm-pbsa.py documentation, final(!?!) code
* backbone/sidechain dihedral parameters from Carlos
* a paragraph on each "new/updated" feature in Amber11

...thanks!....dac