Re: [AMBER-Developers] Near-final version of AmberTools 1.3

From: Mengjuei Hsieh <mengjueh.uci.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 21:29:03 -0800

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 10:30:24PM -0500, David A. Case wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 22, 2009, Mengjuei Hsieh wrote:
> > One problem I just found out in the tarball is that the FLIBSF in
> > src/configure is not correct, it should not contain carpack and
> > f2c. Here is a patch to the script and also corresponding change to PBSA
> > Makefile.
> I am lost: why do you think that FLIBSF doesn't need carpack and f2c? Won't
> such a change break sander?
> We could rework the various library variables in configure, but that should be
> done with care. Since carpack and f2c have to get compiled anyway, I don't
> see any real loss in having the loader look at (and ignore) them. Am I
> missing something here?

I thought the difference between FLIBSF and FLIBS should be the usage of
C compiler in FLIBS, but apparently I misunderstood the meaning of it.

The only potential issue of this is on the occasion of static linked
binaries, so yes it indeed doesn't matter much systematically.

Best,
--
Mengjuei Hsieh, Luo Research Group, Molecular Biology & Biochemistry,
University of California Irvine.