Re: [AMBER-Developers] more on sqm gradients and xmin performance

From: <istvan.kolossvary.hu>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 17:44:45 +0100

Just re-ran the sqm test with Dave's tight sqm settings. For both
LBFGS and TNCG I used the same LBFGS memory depth=3.

XMIN method Final energy Nof outer minim
steps Time

  (xmin_iter)
PRCG (conjgrad) -120.50380837969715 9352
        38m26.130s
LBFGS -120.50380707124714 3087
              4m47.540s
TNCG -120.50380888493964 225
                2m27.690s

Both LBFGS and TNCG give slightly lower energies in a little fewer
steps with more memory depth, but the difference is insignificant.

    Istvan

Quoting istvan.kolossvary.hu: