Re: [AMBER-Developers] antechamber / sqm peptide correction

From: Andreas Goetz <agoetz.sdsc.edu>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 19:36:36 -0800

Hi Gustavo,

I don't think it is a good idea to turn on the peptide correction by
default with semiempirical models for which it is available. If a user
specifies AM1 or PM3 he should get exactly the model he requested, that
is, AM1 or PM3 without peptide correction.

What I meant is that probably antechamber should turn it on (by adding
peptide_corr=1 to the &qmmm namelist in the input file it generates for
sqm). At least the peptide correction was turned on in amber10 where
antechamber was still using mopac (see for example the mopac output in
amber10/test/antechamber/ash/mopac.out.save)

All the best,
Andy