RE: [AMBER-Developers] restraint bug?

From: <matthew_seetin.urmc.rochester.edu>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 00:42:12 -0500

This might have been a little short-sightedness with respect to using the
parabolic restraint shortcuts on torsions, but there may be some unintended
consequences if you only make that exact change. I will look at the code
carefully and make sure that this change won't break anything else. Namely,
one alternative might be instead of:

if ( abs(k0) > zerner ) then

to use:

if ( abs(k0) > zerner .and. (abs(r0) > zerner .or. resttype(i) < 3) ) then

I don't want to break anything or needlessly sacrifice any robustness
against user error.

In the mean time, it's possible to get the exact behavior you desire for the
torsion restrained to 0 by setting r1 = -180.0, r2 = 0.0, r3 = 0.0, and r4 =
180.0, and then rk2 = k0 and rk3 = k0 while r0 and k0 remain 0.0.

Matthew Seetin
University of Rochester Medical Center