Re: [AMBER-Developers] latest release candidate for AmberTools 1.3

From: Mengjuei Hsieh <mengjueh.uci.edu>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 11:57:14 -0800

Hi,

I totally agree with Jason, in fact, I just setup a unbuntu in my
virtualbox vm (ubuntu-9.10-desktop-amd64). Several things I want
to address are:
        1) I have to do
               apt-get install csh flex xorg-dev gfortran g++ bison
           before I start to work on src/configure
        2) Ubuntu's sh hates src/configure, I HAVE TO CHANGE IT TO
           /bin/bash TO MAKE IT WORK.
        3) Other than that, it's an out-of-box experience. :-)

Thanks,
--
Mengjuei Hsieh, Luo Research Group, Molecular Biology & Biochemistry,
University of California Irvine.
On Mon, Dec 07, 2009 at 05:51:37PM -0500, Jason Swails wrote:
> Hello,
> I downloaded this tarball and made 4 different installations to test
> different environments (all Linux installations are done on ubuntu 9.04 with
> csh, flex, bison, gfortran, etc. installed from software repositories):
[snipped]
> On a side note, there has been a decent amount of discussion on the Amber
> mailing list with users having trouble compiling and running Amber on
> Ubuntu, and since it's a fairly popular distro due to its ease of use it may
> be helpful to keep a list of common pitfalls users run into (like not having
> csh installed by default) and which packages to install (apt-get) to fix
> it.
[snipped]