Re: [AMBER-Developers] AT 1.3 config fails for alternate gnu location

From: Lachele Foley <lfoley.ccrc.uga.edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 15:15:24 -0500

>> ./configure: line 744: ./testp: No such file or directory
>> Unable to compile a Fortran program using gfortran -O0

> This indicates that the /usr/local/bin fortran installation is completely hosed....

Oh... Worked fine the last time I installed Amber, but there have been updates since then. Might be the machine needs a reboot, too. I'll try that then reinstall if I have to.

For Jason: I had tried the higher path in the tree, but it didn't work. That's why I tried pointing to the exact directory. Apparently, Dave is right.

The only other possibility is that the code wants a 32-bit version and I'm pointing it to a 64-bit version. 64-bit machines are common now, though, so that seems unlikely.

Regarding setting paths and such, Ben saw my point that resetting paths can cause confusion. Too often, I accidentally type something like PATH=$newbit:$PATh and suddenly everything dies. This is why I like the idea of being able to specify separately. But, like Dave said, it will only cause confusion to people who are used to such things. I'll double-check the config.h not happening. I recall that, because I think I thought "oh... I'll just add the location to the path," but not being able to. But, I was tired, etc.

Thanks for the How-To. Making tea doesn't take enough time, though. I suggest renting a movie.

I don't have enough knowledge to comment on Vlodomyr's suggestions, though they sound interesting.

:-) Lachele
--
B. Lachele Foley, PhD '92,'02
Assistant Research Scientist