[AMBER-Developers] more on the "march" variable in configure

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 21:26:30 -0500

More about "march": it seems to be used only on solaris, and then, only for
two pretty uncommon occurences (when bit64 is selected, or when SCALI
is available). Am I missing something?

I think we could deep-six the "march" variable, and put -m64 into CFLAGS
and FFLAGS (etc) for solaris (where it belongs, anyway). It's not even clear
that we have the manpower or machines to support the -64bit option on solaris
anyway.

[Still befuddled, though, about why other people with Mac's aren't seeing the
problems I am seeing. It would be helpful if others could grep for
"pgiFortran" in amber11/src/netcdf/src/config.log and let me know what you
find.]

...dac