Re: [AMBER-Developers] release date for AmberTools 1.3?

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 22:07:25 -0500

On Sat, Nov 14, 2009, Ross Walker wrote:

> Andreas and I are making continued changes to the QMMM code to add the PM6
> and d-orbitals support, this will be ongoing for the next few months. Thus
> we have two options I think. The first is to take a copy of sqm as it is now
> and make that the release version. Andreas and I will continue modifying the
> CVS version. The second is that we take a copy of it into our local AMBER 11
> SVN tree and work from there and then migrate it back in once AmberTools 1.3
> is released and things are no longer frozen. I prefer the first option but
> either is fine with me.

I think the easiest path is to create an "at13" branch in CVS. Then the
"mkrelease_at" script (the script that actually creates the tarball that
users would get) would work from the at13 branch, not the head of CVS.
Everyone could continue to commit to CVS (head, by default) just as before
-- we'd just have to make sure that genuine bugfixes also get committed to
the at13 branch.

Comments are welcome, but I think this satisfies the requirements you
outlined in your email. A key change would be that people testing
AmberTools 1.3 release candidates would have to work from actual tarballs,
and no longer just test what is in CVS.

...dac