Re: [AMBER-Developers] In which serial Amber 11 is compiled on a Mac running Snow Leopard

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 18:21:59 -0400

On Thu, Oct 01, 2009, Ben Roberts wrote:

> >The Intel compilers [give a compiler error on amber.c]

Please (generally) post the output of "icc --version" when reporting
compiler errors. Also, when saying "on a Mac", indicate the OS version.
So many things changed between 10.5 and 10.6 that it is hard to keep things
straight.

This is certainly weird in the extreme. This code hasn't changed in decades,
and every other version of icc has been able to compile it with the default
optimzation level. :-(

On the other hand, we could certainly put -O0 into CFLAGS for intel compilers.
It was the intent that only OCFLAGS stuff would be optimized, but if the intel
default is -O2, then effectively CFLAGS and OCFLAGS give the same behavior.
So, downgrading CFLAGS to -O0 should be OK.

Of course, there is no reason for anyone to need to compile leap with intel
(instead of gnu) compilers. But the compiler *will* make a difference for
nab, so I guess it is good to test all this.

...dac