Re: [AMBER-Developers] Second release candidate for AmberTools 1.3; numvec

From: Volodymyr Babin <vbabin.ncsu.edu>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 15:10:58 -0400 (EDT)

> The numvec issue appears to be a library problem with libstdc++
> which both gnu and intel use. pgi uses stlport.
> The best way to fix this is to rewrite our code to avoid the
> _Expr constructor use caused by libstdc++.

That would be ideal in a long run indeed.

> It's not clear to me that this is easy.

It depends on the priorities -- it is relatively simple if
performance is not critical (just derive from std::vector
and implement operators that return temporaries); it becomes
more involved with ETs, but this http://acts.nersc.gov/pete/
can help a lot [I used it once few years ago and it worked
fine].

Best,

Volodymyr