Re: [AMBER-Developers] Problems with parallel compiling...

From: <steinbrt.rci.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 05:03:31 -0400 (EDT)

Hi

> Why not run the configure_openmpi script in amber11/src? This is what we
> want people to do. Note that it specifies compilers, and other flags that

ok, I didnt see that until after I built my own openmpi. Configuring with
the provided script works as well.

> Did you use the configure_lam script in amber11/src? This worked for me
> with intel compilers. Again, using the script ensures that the proper

Trying LAM again, this time with the configure_lam script in Amber11/src
doesnt resolve my problem. The script as I checked it out uses GNU
compilers by default. Setting FC, CC and CXX to the intel ones again fails
during the parallel netcdf configure step:

>From pnetcdf/config.log
[...]
configure:12680: mpicc -o conftest -DBINTRAJ -DNDEBUG conftest.c
-lhpmpio >&5
ld: cannot find -lhpmpio
[...]
configure:12721: error: Cannot find MPI-IO library
[...]

this library indeed is not built during the LAM-config. Switching back to
openmpi, hpmpio still doesnt exist, but netcdf configures fine.

Are there any additional flags I should set for the lam-configure? Since
my build with openmpi works, I can go ahead. Since LAM/Intel works for
you, maybe the problem are specific to my system. Still, I'll see if I can
get it to work for me...

Regards,

Thomas

Dr. Thomas Steinbrecher