[AMBER-Developers] Question about cleaning

From: Ben Roberts <roberts.qtp.ufl.edu>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 15:14:37 +0100

Hi all,

I've noticed that parts of the AMBER compilation and testing create a
lot of files which are not taken care of by "make clean". I'm especially
talking about the output files from many of the tests, and directories
such as bin/, include/ and lib/ together with all their contents.

Is this a deliberate choice, or is it left over from somewhere, and
would people be happy if I began work to fix it (e.g., creation of
cleaning scripts)? It seems to me that, ideally, a "make clean" should
restore the cleaned directory to its original state, with the exception
of configuration files such as config.h and config_amber.h. But I
wouldn't be surprised to discover that there's a reason why things have
been done the way they have in AMBER. Thoughts?

Thanks,
Ben

--
Benjamin P. Roberts