Re: [AMBER-Developers] Fortran module for LOCMEM?

From: Joe Krahn <krahn.niehs.nih.gov>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 15:38:16 +0000

One way to make the transition a bit more gradual is to keep the common
block inside the MEMORY module, but also define pointer arrays with nice
names, for example:

integer, pointer :: residue_pointer(:)
subroutine memory_init()
residue_pointer => ix(i02:i02+nres)

Then people can access the residue_pointer array by name, and code can
be updated gradually, instead of breaking and then trying to debug a
single large overhaul.

Joe