Re: [AMBER-Developers] Amber coding standards

From: David A. Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 17:59:42 +0000

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009, Volodymyr Babin wrote:

> I am using a lot of // to overcome "edit descriptors" portability issues.
> I have never seen the standard ... what is the proper way to join two
> strings then?

"//" is the correct way to concatenate strings. Don't be afraid to use
it. But I also would not go overboard to have "pretty" output if it
leads to non-portable (or even very-hard-to-read) code.

...dac

p.s. I think the best book on Fortran is "fortran 95/2003 explained", by
Metcalf, Reid and Cohen (Oxford Univ. Press, 2004).