RE: [AMBER-Developers] reflector searching

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 18:20:53 -0800

Hi Scott,

This is largely a function of Google (and web searching in general) becoming
more and more useless everyday as the internet gets more and more polluted.

One can try things like:

+MG2 which forces Google to search for just MG2 but that doesn't help much.
The Jan 30th one is too new - it takes Google between 1 and 2 weeks to index
pages these days unless you sign for some form of premier service and pay
them a ton of money :-(.

Maybe Mark knows some more tricks that could be done but at the moment I
don't think it is possible to force date ordering. Interestingly Google has
an experimental program running: http://www.google.com/experimental/ that
supports timelines but I haven't looked at this much.

The only other option I see would be to try running our own search engine on
the site but I tried this ages ago and most of the free search engines
available then were useless compared to Google. Maybe things have improved.

All the best
Ross