Re: amber-developers: Random seeds

From: Robert Duke <rduke.email.unc.edu>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 12:54:06 -0500

So I realized I may have been unclear about this earlier, but I am
absolutely opposed to any parallel efficiency scheme that does not address
the theoretical rng sampling issues. I say this because 1) good work has
already been done to make implementation of something sound possible, and 2)
we have really gotten burned on this langevin seed-reuse problem (per the
paper reference below), and we should learn from that experience. Not
trying to be ornery, but I really feel we should not risk screwing this up.
Regards - Bob