amber-developers: 400 Amber licenses so far

From: David A. Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 11:43:32 -0500

Hi everyone:

We have passed 400 licenses for Amber10. For what it is worth, it took us
30 weeks since the release to get to 400 licenses; Amber9 required 34 weeks
for the same number of licenses.

For AmberTools, we have had 2778 unique IP addresses download the codes.
However, some of these may be people that first got version 1.0, and later
downloaded version 1.2. Since the release of AmberTools, version 1.2, there
have been downloads by 1510 unique IP addresses. My guess, however, is that
there are no more than a few hundred people who actually *use* AmberTools but
who don't also have an Amber10 license. [Note, however, that portions of
AmberTools are now bundled with Dock, AutoDock and Chimera, so the real user
community is growing.]

Thanks for your continued work on, and contributions to, Amber!

...dac

[p.s.: note that the early registration deadline for Sanibel is 11/30; I'll
send out a separate note on that soon.]