Re: amber-developers: Re: AMBER: amber10 installation on sgi_mips

From: Scott Brozell <sbrozell.scripps.edu>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 22:48:57 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

On Sat, 8 Nov 2008, David A. Case wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 07, 2008, Scott Brozell wrote:

> > > will fix.
> >

> > I didnt see a fix; so i added one while cleaning up the irix_cc
> > section. see configure_at revision 1.67
>
> I didn't post a fix because I couldn't find the problem. I don't understand
> why revision 1.67 fixes anything related to ranlib. Roberto did not really
> say what the problem was, so I gave up.

cvsd -r 1.66 -r 1.67 configure_at
314c317
< ranlib=".echo ranlib unnecessary for"
---
>     ranlib=/bin/true
configure_amber and dock use /bin/true which has been verified to work on sgi.
.echo looks like it will work, but consistency counts.
> > sgi's f77 has worked
>
> OK, we can add that to the list of compilers that seem to work.  I've hoped
> that we could remove all fortran code from AmberTools, and hence all need to
> specify which fortran code to use...
hope springs eternal.
http://www.livescience.com/health/071024-brain-optimism.html
Scott