Re: amber-developers: Testing of PIMD / NEB? (Broken in AMBER 10)

From: David A. Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 11:05:31 -0400

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008, Scott Brozell wrote:

> It seems that the name master should have
> been retired with the multisander approach.

Each sander job has its own "master". I not sure that the naming is so
bad, but the comments could be clarified (see below).

> History will repeat itself. At the very least some clear comments with
> examples seem appropriate in multisander.f for using the various com's.
> Naturally, I would rename master with perhaps master_of_sander_group.

Note the comments at line 30 of multisander.f. This is a good start,
but the description of CommMaster is rather confusing, as punctuation is
missing, and size and rank variables for the other communicators are
never specified.

Plus, extending the comments to say "for example, CommMaster is used to
..." would be a big help. (The same, by the way, is true of the Users'
Manual. Amber developers seem to have an innate aversion to actual
examples...)

...dac