amber-developers: parallel random number generators

From: David A. Case <case.scripps.edu>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 14:04:51 -0700

On Wed, May 07, 2008, Andreas Svrcek-Seiler wrote:

> Currently the best rng (as far as I know) is the Mersenne twister (MT)
> (see http://www.math.sci.hiroshima-u.ac.jp/~m-mat/MT/emt.html).

> I someone is really interested, he/she could try to contact MT's
> "father", Makoto Matsumoto, for answers to specifiec technical questions.

This is already in sander: see mt19937.f. There is even a parallel
routine called mt19937_bcast, but it doesn't look(?) like it is really at
parallel rng in the sense we are talking about.

This code used to be GPL, but versions after
2001 can be used in non-GPL software like Amber. I've updated the amber11
CVS version of mt19937.f to include this information.

...dac