Re: amber-developers: problems with NCSU in amber10

From: David A. Case <case.scripps.edu>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 10:39:16 -0700

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008, Carlos Simmerling wrote:

> I've got several problems with the NCSU code that I would put into
> bugzilla but want to confirm first that we've not done something wrong.
>
> ifort -c -w95 -vec_report0 -mp1 -ip -O3 -axNP -FR "-DDISABLE_NCSU" -o
> ncsu-umbrella.o _ncsu-umbrella.f
> fortcom: Error: _ncsu-umbrella.f, line 114: Error in opening the Library
> module file. [NETCDF]
> use netcdf, only : nf90_double, nf90_float
> ----^
>
> this was compiled with nobintraj so should not be looking for netcdf

I can't reproduce this here. The code in ncsu-umbrella.f looks OK to me
on first glance. The offending "use netcdf" line should not be in the
cpp-processed code (i.e. not in _ncsu-umbrella.f).

So, the problem looks like it is in the cpp step, and should not depend on
compiler, etc. Check what happened in the step right before the one you
quote above, and look at the _ncsu-umbrella.f file to see what you have.

[Just the obvious suggestions: make sure that you really have a clean working
directory and the latest versions of the code -- although the ncsu stuff has
not changed in since last December or so.]

At a higher level: why are you turning off netcdf? If people are having
problems with this, we need to know about it.

...dac