amber-developers: notes on Amber 10

From: David A. Case <case.scripps.edu>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 14:59:52 -0700

Hi everyone:

Here are few random things, as we move towards the Amber10 release:

* Now would be a great time to update the contributors page:
     http://ambermd.org/contributors.html

* You can purchase bound copies of the AmberTools Users' Guide. See the
    notice on the Amber web page. You might want to get one for everyone
    in the lab -- I think it is nicer than making a three-ring binder
    version, but of course, that is up to you, and how cheap (or broke) you
    feel :-). The Amber10 Users' Manual will be made available in a
    similar fashion.

* There will be an AmberTools version 1.1 release, to fix up minor things
    we find. See amber10/Changelog_at (in CVS) for what we have done so
    far. I'll wait a couple of weeks for things to settle and let people have
    a chance to report problems in the wild. Many of the things found so
    far come from Bud Dodson's attempts to port AmberTools to FreeBSD.

* So far, we have had 135 downloads of AmberTools, so reports may start coming
    in....

* Please keep testing Amber10 itself. Use http://bugzilla.ambermd.org to
    report problems. There is also a "successes" page on the wiki where I
    hope people will be able to report configurations that are good (bugzilla
    is for things that are bad):

         http://amber.scripps.edu/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Amber10test

* My hope is to be able to announce Amber10 by the end of next week (i.e.
    April 11), but we will have to see how things go. If you can fix any
    of the problems on bugzilla, please do so.

* As in the past, once Amber10 is released, I will copy the CVS tree to
    amber11, clean it up, and open that up for the next round. For myself,
    however, I'm hoping not to hear the word "Amber" for a few months!

...regards to all....dave