Re: amber-developers: latest tarballs for AmberTools and Amber10

From: Lachele Foley <lfoley.ccrc.uga.edu>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 11:17:25 -0400

Do sander & pmemd need more of the amber source tree than the executables to run? I don't think a link would work in any case, certainly not over the nfs mount -- not unless the link location is also visible. But, I could make a copy of the tree. Our folks frequently recompile amber for this or that reason, so it really isn't feasible to put the main tree somewhere else -- if I did, they'd just copy it back. But, to copy it temporarily for a test could work.

I know you'd have to rewrite a couple hundred tests to have them send output to a different location -- and then to have diff go look in the other location. I wouldn't want to have to rewrite all that.

I'll see what I can do. Thanks.

:-) Lachele
--
B. Lachele Foley, PhD '92,'02