Re: amber-developers: Fw: How many atoms?

From: Robert Duke <rduke.email.unc.edu>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 22:30:51 -0500

What, never worked on a project with moving requirements? It really
sharpens your skill in developing architectures on-the-fly (yeah, right).
In our case, I don't recollect seeing a functional spec in the first
place... Seriously, we did talk about this at Sanibel last February, but I
did not hear a firm request after that, and was not sure what folks were
really expecting, and what else had actually gotten done. For pmemd this is
less of a big deal given that we don't try to run on relatively small memory
machines, but I think the thing that has emerged here is that either end of
the process - model building in the leaps, and looking at results in ptraj,
vmd, etc. etc. just wouldn't be there. So I am fine not doing it on that
account. Hey, I am furiously working to get about 15,000 lines of other
stuff done as it is, and any 1% of that makes this stuff look like a walk in
the park. Thanks again to everyone for the discussion; let's plan on doing
it in 11. And in the meantime, in my opinion at least, we should be doing
things that accentuate our emphasis on producing more meaningful numbers.
Best Regards - Bob