Re: amber-developers: Fw: How many atoms?

From: David A. Case <case.scripps.edu>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 09:47:39 -0800

On Wed, Dec 05, 2007, Robert Duke wrote:

> The problem, though, is it makes no sense to do any of this at all unless it
> happens in pmemd / sander / the leaps / ptraj. Dave, if you would drive us
> to consensus I would appreciate it ...

My vote is to keep things as they are for Amber 10, and re-visit the million
atom limit for Amber 11.

Remember that the amoeba format is "new" for leap, gleap, ptraj (as noted
above) and for NAB, VMD, Chimera and other programs (known and unknown) that
read or write our formats.

We can always release patches if we become convinced that we need this
capability "in between" releases.

Lots of good comments, however. Thanks to those who chimed in.

Since I (may) have your attention, please try to get yourself a bugzilla
account -- I'd like to do a better job of trying to make sure that problem
reports don't get lost, and this is what we are trying now. Enchancement
requests (such as for lots of atoms) can also go there, and get discussed.

Scott: can you re-post the bugzilla instructions? thx. Also, can you see if
there is a way to browse bug reports, rather than having to always do a
search?

...dac