Re: amber-developers: Fw: How many atoms?

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 17:35:01 -0500

Bob,
I have a BG/L (as you know) but none of my current systems are that large.
Carlos

On Dec 4, 2007 2:14 PM, Robert Duke <rduke.email.unc.edu> wrote:

> Hello folks!
> I am working hard on high-scaling pmemd code, and in the course of the
> work
> it became clear to me, due to large async i/o buffer and other issues,
> that
> going to very high atom counts may require a bunch of extra work,
> especially
> on certain platforms (BG/L in particular...). I posed the question below
> Dave Case; he suggested I bounce it off the list, so here it is. The crux
> of the matter is how people feel about having an MD capability in pmemd
> for
> systems bigger than 999,999 atoms in the next release. Please respond to
> the dev list if you have strong feelings in either direction.
> Thanks much! - Bob

Carlos L. Simmerling, Ph.D.
Associate Professor                 Phone: (631) 632-1336
Center for Structural Biology       Fax:   (631) 632-1555
CMM Bldg, Room G80
Stony Brook University              E-mail: carlos.simmerling.gmail.com
Stony Brook, NY 11794-5115          Web: http://comp.chem.sunysb.edu