amber-developers: OSX: cvs tree filename problems (gleap)

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 22:05:20 -0700

  _____

From: Michael Crowley [mailto:crowley.relay1.scripps.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2007 12:30
To: rcw.sdsc.du
Subject: OSX: cvs tree filename problems (gleap)

In the gleap leapdoc html directory, there are files with the same name
except for one or more letters upper/lower case. OSX does not distinguish
between these file names so I get the following CVS errors upon
checkout/update:

U classmort_1_1pointer__I-members.html
U classmort_1_1pointer__I.html
U classmort_1_1pointer__I.png
cvs update: move away ./classmort_1_1pointer__i-members.html; it is in the
way
C classmort_1_1pointer__i-members.html
cvs update: move away ./classmort_1_1pointer__i.html; it is in the way
C classmort_1_1pointer__i.html
cvs update: move away ./classmort_1_1pointer__i.png; it is in the way
C classmort_1_1pointer__i.png
cvs update: move away ./common.html; it is in the way

Can we make a rule that files must have different spellings when the same
directory, irregardless of case?

Mike