Re: amber-developers: pmemd with extra points, early release code ready

From: David A. Case <case.scripps.edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 18:55:36 -0700

On Fri, Apr 20, 2007, Robert Duke wrote:

> Okay, I am finally done adding extra points support into pmemd. This has
> only been tested for the tip4p and tip5p water models so far.

Bob: have you done a protein + water? (or any solute?) I'm getting zero
14-NB and 14-EEL at step one of my first test case. I can send you
everything, but I thought maybe something would ring a bell (I have to go
home now....)

This is ff99SB protein (so, no extra points on the protein) + tip4p water.
The electrostatic interaction is identical between sander and pmemd, so it
looks like the extra points on the water are being handled correctly. But
the 1-4 interactions (which are in the solute) are getting zeroes out somehow.
Of course, the dynamics is then completely haywire.

I'll send more info if this is not enough.

...regards...dave