Re: amber-developers: amber10 code broken in qm2_dftb_gb.f

From: Scott Brozell <sbrozell.scripps.edu>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 13:28:57 -0800

Hi,

I vote for 80; and agree that breaking this limit with an
infrequent 85 or very rare 100 may be best for overall readability.
132 is not in my solution set.
I have a 15" monitor, and my young eyes prefer large fonts.
I wouldnt be opposed to changing the indent level from 3 to 2.

In 90 pages on layout, commenting, etc. mcconnell2004 devotes
only 1/3 page to line length. His last sentence is
"With modern technology, it's probably all right to exceed 80
columns occasionally."

Scott

.book{mcconnell2004,
  author = "{Steve McConnell}",
  title = "Code Complete",
  edition = "Second",
  publisher = "Microsoft Press",
  address = "Redmond, WA",
  year = 2004 }

You guessed it; this is another classic and probably the only
encyclopedic guide to software development.