Re: amber-developers: RE: AMBER: Amber9 serial installation -tests- severe (174): SIGSEGV, segmentation fault occurred

From: Scott Brozell <sbrozell.scripps.edu>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 11:04:46 -0700

Hi,

Now that the editor is awake, here are a couple of minor corrections:

> in Bentley's classic treatise "Writing Efficient Code".
->
  in Bentley's classic treatise "Writing Efficient Programs".

> See the sgi mips man pages for ipa and lno.
See also man opt and man references therein.

> if (i_do_extra>0) array2 = array1
I believe that the Amber practice is to use colons to emphasize the
array nature of the operation:
  if (i_do_extra>0) array2(:) = array1(:)

> Yes those 0.000 are correct and are due to loop pipelining:
->
  Yes those 0.000 are correct and are due to loop nest optimizations:
Although pipelining plays a role, the loop nest optimizer has
eliminated the outer loop. SGI compilers are great tools; one can
see what the compiler did with these options (which are in src/configure)
-LIST:notes=ON:software_names=ON -LIST:all_options=ON:cite=ON:symbols=ON

Scott