amber-developers: MPI 2 for Amber 10?

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 20:11:57 -0700

Hi All,

For Amber 10 we will be requiring a Fortran 95 compiler. Will we also be
requiring an implementation of MPI v2?

There are some functions of MPI 2 that I would like to use in the QMMM
routines but I don't want to have to put in ifdefs to code both MPI v1 and
MPI v2 variants.

Most new machines should support mpi v2. MPICH 2 does as does OPENMPI.

Lam does not support it (although it does seem to support MPI_IN_PLACE).
Although from the error messages generated by the compiler with the latest
configure script it would appear that the mpif.h provided by lam is not
stictly Fortran 95 compliant anyway.

If we go down this route it means we can start using in place varients of
most mpi calls (which is standard in mpi v2).

Comments?

All the best
Ross

/\