RE: amber-developers: Amber 9 compilation error with ifort9.1 on Itanium2

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 17:57:09 -0700

Hi Ray,

> compilation aborted for _amoeba_adjust.f (code 3)
>
> When I lowered the optimization from O3 to O2, it passed. Is this a
> known problem?

This is a bug in the compiler itself and nothing to do with Amber other than
the fact that that specific file is obviously laid out in some way that
makes the compiler try to do a specific type of optimization during which
the compiler segfaults. See if there is a newer version of the Intel
compiler available on premier.intel.com. The one they give you for download
on the regular site is often not the latest version. If you have the very
latest version you may want to consider submitting a bug report to Intel.

All the best
Ross

/\
\/