Re: amber-developers: The 2006 Amber developers' meeting

From: Adrian Roitberg <roitberg.qtp.ufl.edu>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 17:56:00 -0400

David A. Case wrote:
> Hi everyone:
>
> It's time to start thinking about when and where to have this year's
> developers' meeting.
>
> I'm willing to play host, but other ideas/proposals are welcome. One thing I
> heard kicked around involved either Athens or Gainesville as a location. We
> might even think about coordinating with the Sanibel conference -- that would
> postpone it some, but this is not a "release year".
>
> A personal note: since I have two competing renewals due Nov. 1, I would
> prefer not to have this year's meeting in October.
>
> Volunteers or comments/suggestions are always welcome.
>
> ...thanks....dave

Amberites:

Kennie and I would very much like to host the meeting here.

Next year's Sanibel meeting has a nice couple of days devoted to Drug
Design, Thursday 2-22/07 --> Saturday 2-24/07.

Pleas see the attached word document. Sanibel's web site can be found at
http://www.qtp.ufl.edu/~sanibel/

We can do the developers' meeting before Sanibel in Gainesville, or
during the second half of the meeting, starting Sunday 2-24 for a couple
of days. The latter would would be at beautiful St Simons Island in
Georgia, about 1 hour north of Jacksonville.

--
                            Dr. Adrian E. Roitberg
                              Associate Professor