RE: amber-developers: PGF90 with no -tp option.

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 22:22:47 -0700

Hi Dave,

The current configure as is in CVS works a treat for PGF90 on x86 and
x86_64
with one exception:

Having -L/usr/X11R6/lib64 causes compilation warnings about incompatible
libraries to be printed. On my system it just prints a warning and skips
these libraries and uses the 32 bit ones in /usr/X11R6/lib instead but it
may not do this on ALL machines, I'm not sure how easy this would be to
remove for just PGF90 though.

The XLIBS line should be changed from:

XLIBS= -L /usr/X11R6/lib64 -L /usr/X11R6/lib

XLIBS= -L/usr/X11R6/lib

Anyway, it seems to work well... The complete TEST_FAILURES.diff is
attached. The only strange one is the amoeba failure which shows 2 missing
lines in the RMS Fluctuations section. Although I think it might be the
save
file that needs updating. I haven't had a chance to check with other
compilers.

Also, one other note, prehaps when pgf90 is specified we should print a
brief informational message in the config.h file warning about problems
with
64 bit compilation etc and if you choose to change any of the settings
here
you do so at your own risk and should test thoroughly. This way me stop
some
cowboys who don't appreciate what they are doing from inadvertantly
breaking
things.

All the best
Ross