amber-developers: Re: CVS Problems.

From: David A. Case <case.scripps.edu>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 11:42:59 -0700

On Tue, Apr 04, 2006, Ross Walker wrote:

> I keep getting errors like the following when I do CVS update -d
>
> cvs server: Updating benchmarks/cellulose
> P benchmarks/cellulose/bench.cellulose
> cvs [server aborted]: cannot write CVS/,,eq200.x-2: No space left on
device

> First ly I get lots of files with a status of 'P' - any idea what this
> means? It isn't in the man page.

Depending on what version of CVS you have, I expect that you will see
these.
The "-P" means that the file is patched...this is because I brought all
files in the repository up to version "9.0".

Just keep repeating the "cvs update" command after you get the "no space
left on device"; eventually you will get everything patched. I think
CVS has an internal limit, independent of how much disk space you actually
have....

See the next email for more CVS news.

....dac