Re: amber-developers: Re: More sun issues

From: David A. Case <case.scripps.edu>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 11:50:15 -0700

On Mon, Mar 27, 2006, Scott Brozell wrote:

> > > integer :: system_coord_id = 0

> Agreed, but is it or is it not Fortran standard compliant ?

It *is* standard-compliant in F95: see p. 139 of Metcalf, Reid and Cohen,
"Fortran 95/2003 Explained."

This syntax is not required to be supported in Fortran 90. I guess this
means that an F95-compliant compiler is required for sander. Since we are
now
11 years past 1995, this seems like a reaonsble requirement. Other
compilers
that are called "F90" (such as from SGI) allow this construct.

....dac