amber-developers: Incompat. amber8 code failed in test when compiled with g95.

From: Xuebin Qiao <xbqiao.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 09:52:04 -0700

Today, I tested the compiled amber8 code under freebsd with gcc+g95. Some
testes failed when "make test", e.g. Anal, pbsa and nmode. A common
failure is throw fortran runtime error, "Expected CHARACTER in item X, and
got INTEGER". This error is due to widely use of incompatible old fortran
dialect, i.e. use integer array to store character type value, or output
integer with character type format spec. And it is not supported by g95
(and possibly gfortran).

It can be confirmed by patch the pbsa source. However, since this kind of
incompat. code appears in many places, I finally gave up to patch them.
Hope this buggy style may be dropped by code writers in the future.

qxb