Re: amber-developers: Re: Amber8 auto* integration progress report.

From: David A. Case <case.scripps.edu>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 11:49:17 -0700

On Thu, Nov 03, 2005, Xuebin Qiao wrote:

> In addition, would anyone like to tell me why _cpp_ was used as fortran
> preprocessor?

Remember that the Amber code was developed long before there was a
fortran90
(or a c++, or python, or libtools, etc.). We only use very simple
features
of the language (#ifdef, #include, the ASSERT and REQUIRE macros). Since
everyone already knows how these work, there is no need to learn anything
new.

> Currently, I only support compiler supplied cpp options.

I'm not sure what this means: most f90 compilers have no understanding of
cpp...

...dac