RE: amber-developers: Intel compiler

From: Yong Duan <duan.ucdavis.edu>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 05:45:55 -0700

Just to let everybody know that I've downloaded the evaluation version of
ifort and compiled AMBER 8 and I am fully satisfied (on the way also
learned
a few new tricks) :).

By the way, what Intel did is a classic approach, get customer base from
competetors first then charge the helpless customers after competetors
die,
a little glorified mouse-trap. There is just nothing horribly strange
about
this.

Cheers!

yong

Although it seems that most of the academic world is oblivious to this
restriction on the Intel compilers and since the compilers help Intel sell
more cpus it would seem crazy of them to try and enforce things. Although
numerous companies have initiated stranger attacks on their own customers
in
the past...