Re: amber-developers: help with 1-4 EEL calculations

From: darden <darden.gamera.niehs.nih.gov>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 09:48:18 -0700

dear guanglei et al
I think i'm the guilty party here. This code change dates from the extra
points additions. That is, we had some issues over what was a 1-4
interaction for extra points. also whether these have dihedrals. so i
separated 1-4s from ephi (also needed to iterate 1-4s for induced dipoles)

If you (guanglei) want to modify things in get_14_cg I can help by
answering questions. it looks like all 1-4 electrostatics are uniformly
scaled but there should be a good alternative for more custom scaling
such as an array of weights---not much of a performance hit
you can e-mail me
tom