Re: amber-developers: index command in sander?

From: David Case <case.scripps.edu>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 19:59:59 -0700

On Tue, Apr 26, 2005, Carlos Simmerling wrote:

> does anyone know more details about the index() function used in sander?

It is definitely an F95 intrinsic function, but I don't know if it is
required in plain old F90. You should try to get a copy of Metcalf &
Reid,
"Fortran 90/95 Explained" (now called "Fortran 90/95/2003 Explained"). It
is by far the best place I have found to find things like this.
Unfortunately, I'm on the road right now and don't have access to my copy.

(Plus, I've forgotten Scott's secret web site that explains all this....)

> Also a concern is that the "index" variable name is used in other places

This is a no-no....some compilers will flag it, but we should not have
variables or our own routines called "index".

...dac