Re: amber-developers: Added frcmod.ff03

From: Piotr Cieplak <pcieplak.accelrys.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 11:59:09 -0700

As I understand ff03 - is the former file used by me not only for proteins
bur for nucleic acids
simulations with pol + LP for nucleic acids as well.

Piotr

"David A. Case" <case.scripps.edu>
Sent by: owner-amber-developers.scripps.edu

11/11/2003 09:19 AM

Please respond to
amber-developers.scripps.edu

amber-developers.scripps.edu

cc

Subject

On Mon, Nov 10, 2003, Yong Duan wrote:

> Just added frcmod.ff03 to the tree. Parm03.dat, which has a few minor
> changes relative to parm99.dat, should be depreciated soon. Now
> leaprc.ff03 will load
> parm99.dat +
> frcmod.ff03 +
> all_nucleic94.lib +
> all_aminoct94.lib +
> all_aminont94.lib
>
> I will replace the latter two with updated C- and N- libs. It now can
> work on proteins (not just small ACE- and -NMR terminated peptides).
> Still kept leaprc.ff03.old around, just in case ...

Thanks, Yong! Since we are moving towards the new naming scheme, maybe
this is a good place to start. My understanding from our discussion in
July was the following:

1. all_nucleic94.lib should not be loaded. We are splitting the protein
  and nucleic acid stuff into separate files. Since ff03 is just for
  proteins (as I understand it), you should just load protein files here.

2. Correspondingly, I think this new file should be called
"leaprc.prot.ff03",
  to identify it as a protein-only file. [There was talk at the meeting
  about removing the "leaprc" prefix, but I now think it should remain:
  it identifies the type of file, and has a fair amount of history behind
  it. It probably would have been better to have a suffix rather than a
  prefix, but I am not inclined to change at this point.
  Comments/suggestions are solicited. ]

3. Just a note: although not mentioned above, Yong's file also loads
  all_amino03.lib, which has all of the new charge model.

..dac

David A. Case                     |  e-mail:      case.scripps.edu