[AMBER-Developers] Info and deadlines for the upcoming Amber24 and AmberTools24 releases

From: David A Case via AMBER-Developers <amber-developers.ambermd.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2024 14:59:49 -0600

Hi everyone:

As I hope you know, next month we will release Amber24 and AmberTools24.
Based on what we heard at the developers' meeting, there is lots of new
material.

1. Nominal deadline for code contributions is March 18. Some people are
always late, but please do your best to get things in so that we can start
testing release candidates. Send me a pleading email if you plan to be
late, especially with any significant new material.

2. There is more time to make updates to the Reference Manual. Pretty hard
deadline here is April 15. Please be sure that you are making updates to
the doc/Amber.lyx in the master branch. Do a "git diff origin/master --
Amber.lyx" (or amber.bib) to check that the only things being changed are
what you want to change. Please do *not* edit these files outside of git,
then move them into a branch to create a merge request.

3. We will have our annual competition for cover artwork for the Reference
Manual. Send draft artwork by email to me (not to everyone on the list!)
We want square or portrait figures that can look good against a white
background. Some preference will be given to artwork that illustrates Amber
calculations that have been recently published. Additional credit for new
contributors. You can send draft artwork on the condition that you will
spruce it up if yours is selected. Hard deadline for this is April 1.

4. I will be posting release candidates, starting sometime next week.
Please try to have someone in your group download and install on your
computers. Running the test suites is a first step, but also take the time
to re-run a (short) simulation you have already done, and are familiar with.
We want feedback on things that don't work. I will set up a wiki page to
collect such feedback.

Thanks again for all your contributions and hard work! ....dac