Re: [AMBER-Developers] Installation ideas from Romain Wolf

From: David A Case via AMBER-Developers <amber-developers.ambermd.org>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2023 08:53:50 -0500

On Mon, Jan 02, 2023, Ben Roberts via AMBER-Developers wrote:

>I could see as an end goal a set of options:
>
>- All
>- Default (a subset consisting of the most commonly used, play-well-together components)
>- Custom
>
>Does this work well as a potential scheme?

Sounds like a good start: we don't want this to get very complex, since that
leads to testing and support problems on its own. How the user would
specify what "Custom" means is important to think about.

One thought (not sure yet) is to have a "pmemd-only" option, for people that
want to just install pmemd, say on a supercomputer somewhere.

...thanks...dac