Re: [AMBER-Developers] problem with restarting restrained MD

From: Carlos Simmerling via AMBER-Developers <amber-developers.ambermd.org>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2022 09:25:46 -0400

Hi Tom,
that's not quite the issue I'm talking about, which definitely goes away
when you use iwrap=0.
I think the pressure scaling issue only happens with multiple solute
molecules, right? I don't think we scale atom positions (by default
anyway), just shift entire molecules. So I have only seen the problem you
mention for the helix when you have a multimer or complex, and they shift
relative to each other (and violate restraints on restart). That one is
also bad but doesn't usually cause thousands of kcal restraint energy. A
possible easy fix for the constant P scaling with restraints would be to
have parmed or something make sure that the restrained atoms are all in the
same "molecule" in the prmtop, or change the pressure scaling code to only
change things past NSPSOL, for example... we edit this when needed to avoid
the pressure issues. I also agree with not scaling refc, that's
probably the better physics since your reference should never change, IMO.