[AMBER-Developers] Release Candidate 2 for Amber22/AmberTools22

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2022 15:26:35 -0400

Hi everyone:

The second release candidate tarballs are available:

    wget https://ambermd.org/downloads/AmberTools22.25mar22.tar.bz2
    wget https://ambermd.org/downloads/Amber22.25mar22.tar.bz2

See instructions and post results here:

    https://ambermd.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Amber22Test

(editing password is 'pakrules'). Some notes:

1. Python continues to plague us. Results are different, depending on the
    system I test on. Some combination of setuptools(?), distutils,
    easy-install, and conversion from Python2 to Python3 all influence
    the results. Basically, don't worry (or even both to report) Python
    failures at this point. Contact Jason if you (think you) have a solution
    here; as best I can tell, something(?) changed in miniconda in the past
    few weeks that has broken our installation workflow. (Don't bother Jason
    with speculation -- we need tested suggestions from those who know what
    is going on.)

2. There are a few fixes since RC1, most importantly to GB problems with
    some GPU installations, plus some fixes that make the tests run with
    fewer apparent failures. But those of you who spent the effort on
    RC1 (thanks!) don't need to repeat so much this time around. Perhaps
    pick one environment that is important for your work, and concentrate
    on that.

3. I didn't get any volunteers to try RC1 on OSX, and that is still
    needed. (Maybe few people use OSX anymore(?); I know I have
    switched to Linux for both server and laptop environments.)

4. Kudos to Gerald for the singularity container work! If you see problems
    on your Linux box, compare to Gerald's nice tables to see if you are getting
    something very different than what he sees. (There is link on the wiki
    page above to the singularity reports.)

...thanks in advance....dac