Re: [AMBER-Developers] multi gpu gromacs benchmarks

From: Scott Le Grand <varelse2005.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2022 09:14:50 -0800

After CUDA and GPUs tore down the walls of the walled garden of HPC, it's
astounding how fast everyone scrambled to rebuild those walls. And here we
are, right back where we started in 2009.

That said, I wish AI types were half as willing as GROMACS users to tune
their machines to train models and run inference. But failing that, I'd be
happy if crypto people stopped powering their gpus with coal. None of
that's going to come to pass but I do believe the situation will keep
getting worse.