Re: [AMBER-Developers] ACE atom name

From: Jeffrey Wagner <j5wagner.ucsd.edu>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2021 09:50:21 -0800

Hi Kellon,

If you're looking to automate comparisons to the components.cif
substructures, OpenFF has some prototype code that programmatically parses
cif files and makes chemical structures [1]. With a little tweaking this
could work independently of the OpenFF stack and just use RDKit (or a more
AMBER-friendly chemistry program). I'd be happy to screenshare for an hour
or two if this is of interest to you!

[1]
https://github.com/openforcefield/openff-toolkit/blob/topology-biopolymer-refactor/openff/toolkit/utils/_cif_to_substructure_dict.py

Cheers,