Re: [AMBER-Developers] Constrain ligand in extracellular side in membrane-protein systems

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2021 15:07:47 -0400

with a single membrane there is no difference between intracellular side
and extracellular side. even if you used some constraint, the line is
arbitrary since the system is periodic. if you want a true division between
the sides, I think you would need a different setup such as a micelle, or 2
parallel membranes.
restraining a ligand to be closer to one side of the membrane than the
other might be reasonable, but that's not the same as what you asked.